Petz 3 runs on all versions of Windows, though you must have PetzA and some minor modifications may need to be made during or after installation for compatibility.
In order to run Petz 3 in Windows 8, 7, Vista, or XP, you must install Sherlock Software‘s program PetzA to allow Petz 3 to run.
When Petz is installed into Program Files Windows Vista, 7, and 8 makes the Adopted Petz and PetzPix folders invisible.
If you want to be able to access the game files, you will need to install into your C:/, not the default Program Files. When you run the initial installation, select C:/Games/Petz 4 or C:/Petz 4/ as the destination (you will have to enter this, if it doesn’t exist the installation will create it for you).
You may need to use the compatibility options to install or to run the program after it is installed. The directions are the same for the installation or for the program.
- Right click on your .exe file, click “Compatibility Problems” or “Troubleshoot Compatibility”
- Select “Troubleshoot Program”
- Select “The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won’t install or run now “
- Select Windows XP (Service Pack 3), then next.
- Click Start the program (allow any permissions it requires)
The first time you run the program, you may notice it runs very fast. The can be corrected by selecting PetzA, then Set game speed, and setting the speed to 50 instead of 30.