Babyz runs on all versions of Windows newer than 3.1, though you must install PetzA and you may need some minor modifications may need to be made during or after installation for compatibility.
You may need to use the compatibility options to install or to run the program after it is installed. The directions are the same for the installation or for the program.
- Right click on your .exe file, click “Compatibility Problems” or “Troubleshoot Compatibility”
- Select “Troubleshoot Program”
- Select “The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won’t install or run now “
- Select Windows XP (Service Pack 3), then next.
- Click Start the program (allow any permissions it requires)
If the game appears squished or distorted, you may need to adjust your computer’s resolution. You can experiment with different screen sizes, but 1024 x 768 is the one I found works the best for me.
- Right-click on your Desktop
- Select “Screen Resolution”
- Select the ‘Resolution’ drop-down menu and choose 1024 x 768, then select Apply or OK.
This will affect your entire computer, so you can either leave it set and accept the changes in your other programs, or you can switch it any time you want to run Petz.